Tuesday, August 04, 2009

A new beginning.....

"You exist for his benefit, his glory, his purpose, and his delight. Bringing enjoyment to God, living for his pleasure is the first purpose of your life. When you fully understand this truth you will never again have a problem with feeling insignificant" . ~The Purpose Driven Life

Ive decided to start fresh with a new blog that signifies the fresh beginnings that have been happening in my life. I havent blogged in ages due to the fact that much of what was going on in my mind wouldnt look too pretty on paper. Ive kept journals no doubt, but letting the world see is something different. I just finished the purpose driven life and it has changed my life significantly. I recommend if you have not read this book yet you must put it on your life to read atleast once in your life. It will be a book that will hold a place on my book shelf forever.

This summer has had to be one of the most significant summers of my life. Besides the summers that were spent at the shore chasing boys or staying out late playing jailbreak while swatting the mosquitos and then collapsing in bed covered in bug bites, but it was all worth the while because of the fun I had.

This summer seemed to represent a break through for Peter and I. It had been a long two years awaiting and struggling day after day with lay offs, personal struggles, doubts, and many many nights down on my knees trying to find the right words to pray to "fix" it all. On July 20th my husband started a wonderful position with PSEG , something we had been praying for for so long. In the midst of the storm God told me not to give up on praying for this position and so even when it seemed hopeless I didnt give up, but kept praying. On the day he woke up to leave for his new position it was surreal. 3 weeks later it is still surreal to me and sometimes I think I need to be doing something to keep this wonderful feeling going. God has made his presence known and has given us Joy in knowing he is taking care of my husband. I still need to pinch myself some days.

Ive been blessed with being able to stay home with my children and not work. This is also an answer to prayer because I thought I would never see the day. Petes Aunt April told me to just keep praying and one day it will come true. Well, it has come true sooner than later for me! I have enjoyed being home with my kids and having the freedom to enjoy a relaxing summer, taking many trips to the beach and most of all enjoying my family. It has really been such a blessing.




Jon lost his two front teeth this summer! Isnt he cute?!
My sister and Best friend!


We are getting close to the end of this oh so short summer, and now I sit here and stare at my list of things to do before we start year two of homeschooling. JOn and I are really excited and have decided to choose the same curriculum as last year. I need to place my orders, decide what sports we are playing, what extra curricular activities we are going to join and then to top it all of I get an email tonight about a piano teacher in pennsauken who has extremely great prices! I just about jumped out of my seat because JOn really wants to learn piano, but most lessons are so expensive it wasnt even something we could possibly consider. But this woman who is right by may I add, is only 19$ for 45 minutes! This is wonderful. I have to talk to Pete about it, and then I have to work it into our schedule, and ofcourse budget it in. I know if its Gods will he will work it in for us. Jon found a love for piano when we visited with our family in Tn and his Aunt Mary Catherine and Uncle Jon worked with him on the piano. I always knew I wanted him to learn but how could one ever afford it without having a close friend or family member who knew how to play? So we shall see. I hope it is something we can do. I am thinking a lesson every two weeks so it doesnt become something too overwhelming for him.




This year I have decided to back off a bit with all the activities that are offered within our homeschool enviroment, last year as a new homeschooling Mom I felt like I needed to do everything. This year I feel like I know whats most important for Jons education and I am not going to overwhelm him or myself. It is all so very exciting when you get to choose what your child will be learning for the year and that you know you will be there every moment to see them learn and grow as a student. I was back and forth with what I wanted to do for the fall, but have received the peace I was looking for that this is what we are suppose to do this year.

Another great thing has been a playgroup my sister and I have joined with old friends of ours. This has surely been an answer to my prayers. It has reunited friendships , created new friendships and has brought so much joy and encouragement to all of the ladies who have been a part of it. God has surely shown himself as the center of all of this and it seems each week the group is getting bigger and bigger. I have felt so loved, encouraged, joyful and motivated as my position as Mom and wife and woman of God when I leave there I cant help but anticipate the next Thursday to come. My Jon checks the calendar every day to see what day it is and counts down the days until Thursdays. I think he will miss his new friends so much when the school year starts. We will have to make sure we are able to squeeze in get togethers on the weekends.
I feel so blessed to be a part of something so wonderful and I am hoping and praying that the women who continue to make our group grow will also leave feeling encouraged and loved and most of all that they will feel the love of Jesus.








Oh I feel so blessed. I am blessed beyond what I deserve!
Well I know this wasnt the deepest blog, or even worded the greatest, but this is all I can get out for tonight.
Until next time.
Ann<><


and since I have such a love for books Id like to continue to post about books that ive read and share on here, and other book recommendations would be greatly appreciated as well!
This weeks book : The purpose driven Life by Rick Warren


Also, I will do my best to post pictures with my blogs, but my camera broke and so I am depending on friends and family to take recent pictures until I get the extra funds to get a new camera. So bare with me!

No comments: