Saturday, October 16, 2010

1 Peter

Its been a super busy week for me. One of those weeks where at the end of the day I just pass out into bed. I must admit I do love busyness rather than staying at home with too much time to think, but sometimes just having a rainy day that forces you to stay in is so important. I got suprise day "off" on Tuesday because the Mom of the children I was suppose to babysit called in sick. A little less on money this week, Yes, but secretly inside I was relieved to just have to stay home with no plans for the day. I spent my day at home cleaning of course, getting the small spots of dusts that hide in corners, putting up fresh curtains and cleaning floors. Those jobs I dont get to do as often as I use to and I feel ok about that. (Im sorry Mom-Mom my house will never be as pristine as yours!)

I have been studying a new book based on 2nd Peter , putting on a gentle a quiet spirit by Elizabeth George. Gentle I am not, and quiet I am far from sometimes....But I do long to be both.

I wanted to share my study from this morning because it really encouraged me. I have always allowed people to consume my life, caring deeply about what they think of me, what they say about me and how I can be the one everybody likes, keeping all people happy at all times. Instead I am on a journey to allow Jesus to consume my life, completely.

So dear one, you and I must make sure our conduct gives no grounds for any rumors that may be spoken against us.
To live honorably means to live in a way that is so lovely that no charge against us could stand up. Attractive, gracious, upright behavior will always be our greatest defense, and our greatest witness.

We are to live a good life filled with good deeds on a daily basis.

How you handle mistreatment will speak of your faith. Your honorable conduct lived out in a holy lifestyle and with a gentle and quiet spirit commends Christ to others around you.

Based on 1 Peter 2:11-12

No comments: