We have been so blessed by this sweet boy. He is honest, gentle and kind. All who are around him love him and he reminds me of his father in every way. Im sure he will grow to be his clone.
This year he is really into legos and science. His handwriting has finally improved, one day he just "got it" and started writing beautifully in cursive. I always thought because he was a boy I would have to just accept sloppy handwriting, so I was really proud to give him his very first A in penmanship. He learns his lessons fast, which I love.
This school year we had our first really bad day. When I first started homeschooling noe woman warned me that I would have one or two really bad days where everyone was left crying, she advised me to pray and push through if this were to happen. Since Jon has always been the easiest kid ever to homeschool we never had one of those days. A few weeks ago we had one of those days. With me babysitting Jon has had a hard time concentrating on his work, he got a bad grade in one of his favorite subjects. I knew right away there was something wrong and when I saw his grade I was in shock and went into my bedroom and cried because I automatically blamed myself for having to work. I told Jon that there would be consequences for that grade and that we would talk to daddy when he got home. When Pete got home I was crying and when we went out to talk to Jon I immediately broke into tears. When Jon looked at me and saw that I was crying I saw his little heart break. He immediately ran over to me and grabbed me and hugged me apologizing. We stood there and cried together for a few minutes. He admitted to me that he was really disappointed in himself because he chose to just rush through the test without even looking at the questions, he just put any answer down. Never has Jon ever did anything like this and that why I knew there was something wrong. I knew when he grabbed me and hugged me apologizing that he had really turned into a little man, his heart had matured and he was protecting his Mama. It is so hard to explain, but these are the times where you can see your son turn into a man. We sat and talked and laughed, he explained to me his struggles, we prayed together,and I reassured him that I was not crying because I was upset at him, but that I was upset with myself. I reminded him that all the work we do we are to do unto the Lord.
These are the times that God uses to bring families closer together. His work ethic has greatly improved, and him and his Dad have really bonded.
Jon has really grown this year in other ways too. He told me after this spring season of soccer that he was ready to start playing Travel Soccer. He has really improved his game and really, really loves to play. He loves to sing sing sing his heart out and we are looking into a theatre company for him to start with in the spring as well. he coaches me when I practice for choir and he gets really excited with me about music and singing. Pete and I have always had a passion for music and I think he really does too.
My favorite thing about Jon is his heart for the little children. He loves them and they love him. He has a way, a gentleness that draws them to him, and they immediately trust him and run to him when he comes. The only little child he has a problem with is his own little sister! LOL, but if she is ever in trouble Jon is always right there to help her. I pray that they will have a really close bond when they get older. And when they do get along they play wonderfully together regardless of the age gap.
Jonathan, you changed Your Dad and I's life. From the day you were born you brought Joy into the life of so many. We are so proud of you! We cant believe you are ten, stop growing!!!!

8 mos pregnant with Jon.
First day home 
Just a few hours old
baby Jon
Look at my eyebrow piercing, tee hee.
Daddy and Jon
Big boy in Pop Pops Chair
spaghetti face
Eating watermelon
1st haircut
Age 2 easter
Age 3
Age 4
Age 5
Age 6, Sister is here!
Age 7
Age 9
Age 10! Jon had his 10th birthday with his friends at the indoor water park. This is Coco The bird, lol!
1 comment:
Oh, how sweet! Such a wonderful thing to see all those pictures of Jon. I can't believe he is TEN!!! Thanks for sharing this Anna!
p.s. thanks for giving pastor bowens link. So nice to hear my old pastor preaching!
Post a Comment