
Where has the time gone sweet girl? It feels like yesterday I hadnt slept for 24 hours straight and was fighting to keep my eyes open just so I could stare at you a little longer. I didnt want to miss a minute. Size two diapers in the hospital and people stopping in to visit the "toddler" that was born. The hospital gown you had to wear because you didnt fit in the little newborn undershirts and the little hat that popped right off your head.
Your sleepless nights were joyful for me. Your little hands in mine and little sounds in the middle of the night summoning me to know you were hungry. I had a little girl of my very own after praying for so long. I remember Daddy waking with me one night and telling me what a good Mom I was because I knew just how to soothe you. Ill hold that moment in my heart forever.
I remember you being so fussy because you couldnt run around with your brother. As soon as you found your legs you were off and so happy. We havent been able to stop you since.
You tell me all the time that you are a climber and the most energetic girl in the house! Daddy, Jon and I have no arguments about that!
You use to be shy and timid when you were littler, and now you are the hugger of all huggers! You have no restraint when it comes to hugging somebody to let them know how much you love them. You love to jump right into your Daddys and your grandpops (both of them) arms. And if you had a choice that is right where you would stay all day. Kisses for your Daddy and your grandpops are endless and Im pretty sure they melt right into your hands when you do so.
You make silly little voices and sounds with your brother. You are a silly girl! You remind me so much of me when I was little. I loved making silly faces and voices and making people laugh. You do the same and it brings me joy! You also know when its time to be serious and you are an excellent student! I really enjoy every moment of home schooling you.
Right now you are having two of your little friends over for a sleepover for your birthday and the giggles are endless through the house. Its joyful, a pleasure to this Mama's bones!!
Our baby, you are 6!! Can I stop time?
No comments:
Post a Comment